American Red Cross CPR/First Aid/AED Certification
Upcoming class dates:
Adult First Aid
1:30 – 3 p.m.
Adult First Aid
5 – 6:30 p.m.
The American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED r.21 program is designed to help participants recognize and respond appropriately to cardiac, breathing and first aid emergencies. The courses in this program teach participants the knowledge and skills needed to give immediate care to an injured or ill person when minutes matter, and to decide whether advanced medical care is needed. This program offers a choice of First Aid, CPR and AED courses in a blended learning (online learning with instructor-led skill session) format, in addition to optional skill boosts to meet the various training needs of a diverse audience.
- There are no prerequisites for the core courses within the First Aid/CPR/AED r.21 program.
- Skill Boost Prerequisites: Participants must have a valid and current certification in First Aid (inc. FA/CPR/AED, Lifeguarding, EMR, RTE, etc.) to take an optional Skill Boost. Participants also have the option to add skill boosts onto a First Aid/CPR/AED course.
- Attend and participate in all class sessions and successfully complete the online session (blended learning courses only).
- Actively participate in all course activities, including assuming various roles during skill practices and assessment.
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills.
- Successfully complete all assessment scenarios.
The following Blended Learning Courses are available:
- Adult CPR/AED
- Adult and Pediatric CPR/AED
- Adult First Aid/CPR/AED
- Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED
- First Aid
The following optional skill boosts can be taught separately or added to any course:
- Skill Boost: Anaphylaxis and Epinephrine Auto-Injector Administration
- Skill Boost: Asthma and Quick-Relief Medication Administration
- Skill Boost: Life-Threatening Bleeding and Tourniquet Application
- Skill Boost: Opioid Overdose and Naloxone Administration
- Skill Boost: Head, Neck, Muscle, Bone and Joint Injuries and Splinting
For questions and information, call Johnny Kimberlin at 502-238-2742, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.