And Then They Came for Me: Remembering the World of Anne Frank
Sunday, December 15th at 12:30 p.m.
in Linker Auditorium at The Jewish Community Center of Louisville (3600 Dutchmans Lane)
This unique theatrical experience combines videotaped interviews with Holocaust survivors Ed Silverberg and Eva Schloss with live actors recreating scenes from their lives during World War II. Part oral history, part dramatic action, part direct address, part remembrance, the ensemble-driven And Then They Came for Me breaks new ground and has been acclaimed by audiences and critics world-wide.
Performances are suitable for grades 3-12 and available October 14- December 16, 2013, Monday – Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.
For pricing, reservations, or any other questions contact Lenae Price, CenterStage Development and Outreach Manager at 238-2763 or email@example.com.
Title I andmultiple booking discounts available!
Mission & Goal
- To develop and nurture students of all ages through the creativity and appreciation of theater.
- To Explore the beauty, diversity and challenges of the world around them through the dramatic process
- To encourage the development of their own creative voice and imagination.
- To understand drama and its role in society
Content suitable for grades 3-12.
- Coping skills
- Managing different and conflicting emotions
- Family dynamics and relationships
- Means of teaching
- Means of expression
- Through music and dance
- Cultural Traditions
Suggested activities, lesson plans and study guides are available upon request.
Common Core/ Core Content
Elements of Music/ Dance/ Drama/ Theatre
- AH-EP-3.3.1Students will understand that the arts fulfill a variety of purposes in society; sharing the human experience, recreational, artistic expression.
- AH-EP-3.1.1Students will experience music created for a variety of purposes including, but not limited to, recreational and artistic expression.
- AH-EP-3.2.1Students will experience dance for variety of purposes including, but not limited to, recreational and artistic expression.