Rules and Conditions
• Accepted artwork must be available for the entire duration of the exhibition
(October 22 – December 3).
• Work other than that represented on the files and chosen by the juror may not be substituted.
• Digital files of accepted work become property of the Trager Family JCC, which retains the rights to reproduce and distribute the images to print and electronic media.
• The Trager Family JCC reserves the right to photograph accepted works for publicity, documentation, and educational purposes.
• All accepted works must be strongly framed and suitably wired for hanging. No clip frames or sawtooth hangers are permitted.
• Work will be insured while on exhibit by the Trager Family JCC at 70% of the sales price.
• The artist may choose to put their artwork up for sale. The Trager Family JCC will retain 35% commission on sales. Artwork does not have to be for sale, but a sale price must be included for insurance policies.
•Entries can be artwork completed within the last three (3) years.
• Artists must be 16 years of age or older. They may reside anywhere in the Unites States.
• Artwork must not exceed three feet in any dimension and sculpture must not exceed 50 pounds in weight.
• Reproductions, and jewelry are not eligible. application
• Each artist may submit up to five (5) works.
• Label each digital file with the following information: artist’s name and title of work.
• Complete the entry form online. Artist’s name, title of piece, medium, year completed, and dimensions and weight must be included on the entry form.
• A fee must accompany the entry form and digital file(s).
We accept cash, check or card. See payment details online.
• One submission = $35
• Two submissions = $40
• Three-five submissions = $45
• The artist is responsible for delivery to and pickup from the exhibition.
• All work must be delivered to the Trager Family JCC on October 16, 2023 between
9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
• Artist may ship or mail pieces, however, the Trager Family JCC is not liable for damage from shipping.
• Artwork must be picked up on December 4, 2023 between 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Opening reception in the Kohn Town Square
All exhibiting artists and their guests are invited to a reception at the opening of the exhibition from 2:00-4:00pm on October 22, 2023. The exhibition will be presented on the Dennis & Judith Hummel Family Gallery Wall at the Trager Family JCC and prizes will be awarded at 3:00pm.
For the past 30 years, Bette Levy has been a studio artist engaging in frequent solo and group exhibitions. She has two master’s degrees, one in art therapy and one in fine arts, and is a member of PYRO Gallery and ENID: Generations of Women Sculptors. Levy was a founding member of LAFTA (Louisville Area Fiber and Textile Artists), and a member and past board member of the Surface Design Association as well as numerous other arts and community organizations. In addition, Levy was director of the Patio Gallery at the Trager Family Jewish Community Center for 14 years. Initially, Levy was a hand embroiderer, using vividly colored silk thread on black grounds, in compositions abstracted from her own photographs. Because this work was so labor-intensive, over time she moved to other mediums that were more forgiving. Currently, Levy crochets or knits with cord or wire on rusted tools. She also works with stretched pig gut and spun paper. Her work with gut investigates primitive life forms familiar in her earlier embroidered work. An ancient Japanese technique, spun paper, allows her to create simple grids and geometric forms. Collectively, these three approaches result from Levy’s interest in maintaining craft skills in an increasingly technological/virtual world.
$1,000 First Place
$750 Second Place
$500 Third Place
September 22, 2023 Deadline for entries and payment.
October 9, 2023 Notification of selected entries.
October 16, 2023 Delivery of artwork to Trager Family JCC.
October 22, 2023 Opening reception of show.
December 3, 2023 Closing date of show.
December 4, 2023 Artwork picked up by artist.
Our submission deadline has lapsed. Thank you to the many artists that submitted artwork. We will be announcing those accepted into the exhibition on October 9.