A delegation of Community Visionaries from the Western Galilee is coming to Louisville from April 26-28, and there will be several opportunities for community members to meet them in both formal and informal settings.
The delegation includes:
- Shelley-Anne Peleg, Israel Antiquities Authority’s director of the International Conservation Center located in the old city of Akko;
- Susan Nirens, assistant director of the non-profit organization Kivunim: New Directions, which encourages youths with special needs to become independent, involved in their mmunities and achieve control over their lives;
- Uri Yirmias, chef, restaurateur, entrepreneur, hotel owner and developer; and
- Sisi Rodan, curator at the Treasures in the Walls Ethnographic Museum in Old Acre.
- While they are here, the visitors will speak at Adath Jeshurun, Keneseth Israel, The Temple and Temple Shalom during Shabbat services. On Sunday morning, Yirmias will also cook with the chef at Rye.
Watch the JCL’s weekly e-news for details.