Are you seeking a guaranteed level of permanent income, something you can rely upon forever? Have you considered making a lasting gift to the Jewish Community of Louisville but were concerned about how to do so? Are you concerned about paying capital gains taxes on appreciated assets if you use them to fund your retirement?
A Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA) serves as an attractive alternative to other investments that currently offer lower yields, while offering several financial and philanthropic benefits. You are guaranteed to receive a specific payment, a portion of which may be free of income tax. Additionally, you will receive a current charitable income tax deduction and a reduction in your taxable estate.
If you decide to use appreciated assets to fund a gift annuity, no capital gains taxes are due when the securities are contributed. Instead, a portion of your income from the annuity will be subject to capital gains tax, which will be paid over your life expectancy. Charitable Gift Annuities tend to pay higher yields (interest rate) than many other investment alternatives.
And, when the annuity ceases to be paid, the balance of your gift will create a significant benefit for the Jewish Community of Louisville.
Charitable Gift Annuities at a Glance
• Provide income today for you, you and your spouse, or for a loved one
• Guarantee a reliable, steady stream of income for your lifetime
• Provide potential estate and income tax benefits
• Enable donors younger than 55 to supplement their retirement income
• Defer capital gains tax for gifts of appreciated assets
How Much Would I Receive?
Single Life Annuity
(Joint and Survivor)
Younger Age Older Age Rate
55 55+ 3.6%
60 62 3.9%
65 72 4.4%
70 75-78 4.8%
75 79-81 5.3%
80 85 6.1%
85 90 7.3%
90 94+ 8.8%
* These rates are for illustration purposes only and are effective as of Janary 1, 2012. The Jewish Foundation of Louisville uses the rates for Charitable Gift Annuities as set forth and approved by the American Council on Gift Annuities (ACGA). For more information on the ACGA, visit www.acga-web.org.
Enjoy substantial financial benefits. Make an enduring contribution to the Jewish Community of Louisville through the Jewish Foundation of Louisville.
For more information, contact Jewish Foundation of Louisville Director Stew Bromberg, 238-2755 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Jewish Foundation of Louisville is not a licensed financial planning organization. Please consult your financial planner and/or your tax consultant to determine the best program for your personal situation and estate planning options.