“The productions and talent are so incredible at CenterStage, you won’t believe it is community theatre!” – Kari Donahue
Each season, under the inspiration of Artistic Director John R. Leffert, CenterStage embarks on six to seven ambitious productions of popular Broadway classics. Join us in the Spotlight as we take you beyond your expectations with visually stunning sets and costumes, amazing talent and music that will move you.
See what’s coming up for our 101st Season! Read descriptions of the productions, view the schedule of shows, and buy tickets.
Learn information about classes, register for Academy, and buy tickets to the shows (tickets available 2016).
Information about school tours, public performances, and donation information. Tickets to Anne Frank available soon!
- Tickets for main stage productions: $20 in advance; $22 at the door. For more info on tickets, please click here
- Box Office: (502) 238-2709.
- Box Office Hours: The box office is open Monday- Thursday 9 a.m.- 8:30 p.m., Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m., and Sunday Noon-5 p.m. The Box Office is closed on Saturdays.
- The Box Office and Will Call open one hour prior to show time.
- All performances are held in the Rebecca Barnet Linker Auditorium at the Jewish Community Center located at 3600 Dutchmans Lane in Louisville, KY.
- The theatre opens for seating 30 minutes prior to show time.
- Sponsors and Season Ticket Holders receive priority seating up to 15 minutes prior to curtain.
- The VIP Lounge is open to Sponsors and VIP Subscribers one hour prior to curtain and lounge occupants are escorted into the theatre before all other guests when the house opens (half hour before curtain).
- All seats are general admission and seated on a first come, first served basis.
- Handicap accessible seating is available. Please arrive 40 minutes prior to curtain.
- Tickets are non-refundable but may be exchanged by mail or in person at the front desk PRIOR to the show date AND if tickets for the requested performance are still available. Tickets can only be exchanged for other performances of the ticketed show. Tickets WILL NOT be held for exchange by phone.Due to administrative costs, there is a $5.00 charge for lost tickets. If you cannot make a show, you are able donate the ticket(s) back to CenterStage in advance of the production and request a tax-deduction letter with Anne Ensign-Urteaga at email@example.com or 502-238-2773.This policy includes weather-related closures.
- $10 RUSH Tickets are available for Thursday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday EVENING performances if that performance is not already sold out. Rush tickets must be purchased the day of the desired performance at the JCC front desk between the hours of 10:30am-5:30pm. Only 20 RUSH tickets are available and are sold on a first come, first serve basis.
- For information on performances and tickets, call 502-238-2709 or click here.
Light Up CenterStage
Come join us for Light Up CenterStage, a musical gala, on December 6, 2014. For more info or call Lenae at 502-238-2763.
Want to volunteer for CenterStage? We have lots of ways you can help! Email Lenae Price at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn all the ways you can get involved!
About the JCC and CenterStage:
CenterStage is a program of Jewish Community of Louisville, Inc., a non-profit, 501c3 organization, also known as the Jewish Community Center (JCC). The JCC is not a religious organization and you do not have to be Jewish to participate in programming (in fact, 75% of JCC members are not Jewish). The JCC, The Jewish Community of Louisville, and CenterStage is open to all.
CENTERSTAGE ARTISTIC DIRECTOR, JOHN R. LEFFERT
John R. Leffert has been with CenterStage for 14 years. He has worked professionally as a director, designer and actor in the Louisville area for the past 20 years. He has directed and/or designed locally for UofL’s Opera Theatre, Belknap Theatre, Mummers and Minstrels, Not Ready for Shakespeare Players, Story Station Children’s Theatre and Derby Dinner Playhouse. John has also served as a staff director for the Heritage Repertory Theatre in Virginia where he also has performed. He has appeared onstage locally at Derby Dinner Playhouse, Actors Theatre, Story Station Children’s Theatre, CenterStage and Music Theatre of Louisville. John holds an MFA in Costume and Scenic Design from UofL and a BFA in Vocal and Instrumental Music Education from WKU. Prior to a professional career in theatre, John taught public school for nine years.
CENTERSTAGE OUTREACH MANAGER:
Joanna Blieden: email@example.com or 502-238-2763
CENTERSTAGE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT:
Anne Ensign-Urteaga: firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-238-2773
CENTERSTAGE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Angie Aronoff – Dona Boone – Jan Bowling – Kristy Calman – Ellie Catlett – Linda Davis – Kelly Dodd – Dr. Eugene Dorf – Virginia Evans – Emily Fields – Glenna Godsey – Frank Goodloe, III – Abby Gordon – Sarah Harlan – Jill Higginbotham – Cindy Hytken – Anthony Johnson – Barbara Myerson Katz – Brian Martin – Lauren Morelli Hammond – Candy Pierce – Sam Pilotte – Jordan Price – Christy Shircliff – Larry Singer – Janet Stites – Ken Stites – Sandy Stoler – Leni Sweet – Carrie Syberg
CenterStage main stage shows are funded in part by…
David & Annette Simon Sagerman, Kohn-Berman Endowment for the Arts, Leon T. & Ursel Eichengreen Fuchs, Dr. Lois & Bea Brownstein Ringol, and Arthur David Kreitman.