200 Abraham Flexner Way
Louisville, KY 40202-1886
Fax: (502) 587-4919
Web site: www.jhsmh.org
Since 1903, Jewish Hospital has stretched the limits and set the standard for leading-edge medical advancement and patient care excellence. Today Jewish Hospital is an internationally renowned 462-bed high-tech tertiary referral center developing leading-edge advancements in heart and lung care, neuroscience care, hand and microsurgery, organ transplantation, rehab medicine, sports medicine, cancer care, minimally invasive surgical options and much more.
Jewish Hospital, a member of KentuckyOne Health,* is known world-wide for a number of medical “firsts” including but not limited to the world’s first and second AbioCor Implantable Replacement Heart procedures; the nation’s first four hand transplants and Kentucky’s first double hand transplant; and Kentucky’s first adult heart transplant. Jewish Hospital also has a fully accredited Chest Pain Center in the Emergency Department.
The Transplant Center at Jewish Hospital, a program of Jewish Hospital and the University of Louisville School of Medicine, is in the select group of transplant centers that perform heart, lung, liver, kidney and pancreas transplants.
The Hand Care Center, located on the downtown Jewish Hospital Medical Campus, is dedicated to the 24/7 care of the wrist, arm and shoulder. Specialized emergency services are offered through the Jewish Hospital Emergency Department and dedicated pre-, post-operative and operating rooms are located in the Hand Care Center.
Frazier Rehab Institute, is the lead center for the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network as well as a recent recipient of the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR) Award at both Frazier and the University of Louisville to establish a Spinal Cord Injury Model System. In addition to its downtown full-service 15-story hospital, which opened in the fall of 2007, Frazier Rehab also has over 20 outpatient rehab centers located throughout the Kentucky and southern Indiana.
Jewish Hospital continues to expand its services throughout the community with the opening of multiple freestanding outpatient care centers. The outpatient care centers provide a variety of services at each location, including but not limited to full service Emergency Departments, outpatient surgeries, physician offices, rehabilitation and outpatient cancer care (at Jewish Hospital Medical Center Northeast). The outpatient care locations are:
- Jewish Hospital Medical Center East, 3920 Dutchmans Lane
- Jewish Hospital Medical Center South, 1903 West Hebron Lane in Shepherdsville
- Jewish Hospital Medical Center Southwest, at 9700 Stonestreet Road
- Jewish Hospital Medical Center Northeast, 2401 Terra Crossing Boulevard
The system also owns and operates Jewish Hospital Shelbyville, 727 Hospital Drive.
* Jewish Hospital & St. Mary’s HealthCare and Saint Joseph Health System came together to form KentuckyOne Health in 2012. KentuckyOne Health combines the Jewish and Catholic heritages of the two former systems and is committed to improving the health of Kentuckians by integrating medical research, education, technology and health care services wherever patients receive care. The nonprofit system has 200 locations including hospitals, physician groups, clinics, primary care centers, specialty institutes and home health agencies, with more than 13,600 employees and more than 2,325 licensed beds across the state of Kentucky and southern Indiana.
Chair: LouAnn Atlas
Transition CEO: Janice James