The photos in the thermometer tell part of the story. With your donation to the 2013 Federation Campaign:
- We provide programming for college students and offer them a place to meet and interact with other Jewish students at Hillel.
- The Teen Connection and BBYO ensure that middle and high school students have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of fun activities, engage their Judaism and develop strong Jewish identities.
- JCC Summer Camp is a strong, vibrant program; and scholarship help is available to assist those families who can’t afford the cost.
- Seniors can take advantage of hot, kosher lunches five days a week – either congregate of delivered to the homebound – as well as a series of activities designed to keep them fit and active, physically and mentally.
- JFCS is able to offer a wide range of programs to help families and individuals cope with life’s challenges, from preparing to adopt a child and choosing appropriate schools to dealing with unemployment, hunger or divorce to arranging services for an aging parent. All services are available on a sliding scale so help is available when it is needed.
- And together, we fulfill our obligation to Jews-at-risk in Israel and around the world, providing food, medicine, counseling, education and more.
Please help us turn our black and white thermometer to color. Make your donation to the 2013 Federation Campaign today so we do extraordinary things together.
Shalom! Your jewishlouisville.org website is your central source for:
The Temple Twinning
On Sunday, April 14, a group of seventh and eighth graders from the United States and Israel talked for over an hour using Skype, a software application that allows users to make video calls over the Internet. “I remember when I was at the 1965 World’s Fair in New York and they demonstrated the ‘picture phones’ of the future,” Pincus said. “To think that it is now easy to talk in real time to Israelis halfway around the world is a wonderful thing.”