fbpx

Walk for Hunger

Walk for Hunger

Neighbors Helping Neighbors

Each day over 180,000 people living in the thirteen counties surrounding Louisville are at risk of not having enough food to be healthy. For 37 years, Dare to Care Food Bank has made a commitment that no one in our community will go hungry. With a network of over 300 nonprofit partners in these thirteen counties, Dare to Care Food Bank distributes over 10 million pounds of food each year.

As our economy struggles, Dare to Care Food Bank’s work has never been more crucial. The Hunger Walk calls on the entire community to rise to this challenge and join the commitment that all our neighbors will be able to access life’s most basic ingredient – food.

The Community Relations Council of the JCL is an annual sponsor of Walk for Hunger.  It takes place every October to much acclaim and good will.  Watch for information in the early fall on how you can participate.

Making a World of Difference

All net proceeds from The Hunger Walk benefit Dare to Care Food Bank and The World Food Program. 75 percent of the net proceeds will go to Dare to Care Food Bank’s Emergency Food Purchasing Program providing nutritious food, including produce, to over 100,000 people in Kentucky and southern Indiana. The remaining 25 percent of the net proceeds will go to overseas to an international hunger relief agency, providing hunger relief to the neediest areas around the globe.

Call us at 502-966-3821 if you have any questions or visit the Dare to Care Food Bank web site.

Leave a Reply