April 30, 2020
- Meet Federation Campaign Ambassador Cari Hatch!
- Join our Jewish Community Center of Louisville community as we stand together on #GivingTuesdayNow, a global day of giving and unity on May 5, 2020 as an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19.
- Are you taking advantage of all the great resources offered on the Virtual JCC page? Learn more about online programming from Jewish Community Center of Louisville staff.
April 29, 2020
- Shalom Hartman Institute – מכון שלום הרטמן presents a live webinar today at 12:30pm. Yehuda Kurtzer, Donniel Hartman and Nechumi Yaffe will join moderator Sara Labaton to discuss the challenges to Jewish peoplehood on both sides of the Atlantic in the wake of a global pandemic, how different segments of the Jewish community are approaching COVID-19 differently, and what that means for our community.
- The Worldwide Celebration of Israel’s Independence begins at 2pm today! With songs, appearances by Jewish leaders and celebrities, and exclusive footage of Israel’s official Independence Day ceremony on Mt. Herzl, this is not to be missed!
- Celebrate Yom HaAtzmaut all week long with a full listing of activities from Jewish Federations of North America.
April 28, 2020
- At noon today, join us as our Louisville Jewish community remembers and honors fallen Israeli soldiers with a Yom HaZikaron video premier.
- Because of your support of the Jewish Federation of Louisville, the number of meals delivered to home-bound seniors has nearly tripled. Thank you!
- In case you missed it, a recording of last week’s Ask an Expert Town Hall can be found here.
April 27, 2020
- At 8:30pm today, join the Israeli American Council for a Yom HaZikaron National Online Memorial Ceremony.
- Meet Jewish Federation Campaign Ambassador Logan Buren.
- The Jewish Community Center of Louisville continues to provide creative fitness programming. Enjoy these fun animal workouts to get the whole family moving.
April 24, 2020
- Take some time out of your busy schedule to welcome the month of Iyar with mindfulness and meditation. The session will include teaching, guided meditation and discussion on the theme of cultivating healing. Led by Louisville-native Rabbi Sarah Tasman, founder of The Tasman Center for Jewish Creativity.
- CenterStage at the Jewish Community Center continues to provide resources for kids at home. Today, move and sing with Erin!
- The Ask an Expert Town Hall goes live today on Facebook at noon. Submit your questions at that time for local medical professionals to answer live!
April 23, 2020
April 22, 2020
- Join us today at 7 p.m. as we come together to remember the victims of the Holocaust, honor the survivors, and continue our sacred mission to never forget. Candle lighting, song, prayer and important messages will be part of this commemoration, as well as short-film created specifically for this virtual remembrance. Please join us on the Jewish Federation of Louisville Facebook page or Jewish Community of Louisville YouTube channel for the service.
- Today at 1pm, UofL Visiting Assistant Professor of Philosophy and Jewish Thought Asaf Angermann presents “Jewish Mysticism and Zionism” during Adath Jeshurun Coffee Break.
- Explore the intersection of the COVID-19 pandemic and Israeli politics and security with Dr. Michael Koplow of the Israel Policy Forum.
April 21, 2020
April 20, 2020
- Join us on April 22 at 7 p.m. as we come together to remember the victims of the Holocaust, honor the survivors, and continue our sacred mission to never forget. Candle lighting, song, prayer and important messages will be part of this commemoration, as well as short-film created specifically for this virtual remembrance.
- Louisville JCC youth enrichment classes begin this week. Keep the kids learning with virtual yoga, snapology, drama, ballet and chess.
- Tonight at 8pm, experience a nation-wide special virtual ritual of remembrance for Yom Hashoah.
April 17, 2020
- Ask local medical professionals your COVID-19 questions live on Facebook during the Ask an Expert Town Hall next week Friday 4/24! Hear from Dr. Jon Klein, Dr. Jeff Goldberg and Julie Ciriano, MSW with moderation by Dr. Julie Ellis. If you do not have access to Facebook, questions can be submitted in advance to email@example.com. A recording will be made available.
- On Sunday 4/19 at 1pm, our Partnershiptogether WesternGalilee friends will host a virtual remembrance of Yom HaShoah led by groups of second-generation Holocaust survivors from Toledo, Budapest and the Western Galilee. RSVP required to receive the Zoom link.
- American jazz pianist Harry Pickens and Adath Jeshurun present “Getting in Tune with your Inner Source of Inspiration in the Time of COVID-19” on Sunday 4/19 at 7pm.
April 16, 2020
April 15, 2020
- Learn more about the Task Force called together to provide emergency funding for our community.
- Enjoy your Daily Dose of Drama with CenterStage’s Frank and Erin!
- While live JCC fitness classes will not take place today, you can always access Fitness On-Demand videos from previously-recorded classes.
April 14, 2020
- Tour the world’s largest collection of Theodor Herzl memorabilia with David Matlow at noon today.
- J Arts + Ideas is offering a beginning ukulele class for adults. Sign up now – class begins next Tuesday!
- Camp J – Louisville has created fun activities to keep the kids learning and entertained at home!
April 13, 2020
- Begin your morning with a meditation from University of Louisville Trager Institute at 10am.
- At 11am, JCC Louisville Fitness Community offers Virtual Tai Chi, a series of movements performed in a slow, focused manner accompanied by deep breathing.
- Jewish Community Centers of North America (JCCs) and Shalom Sesame are proud to present “It’s Passover, Grover!” today at 3pm. From the creators of Sesame Street, Shalom Sesame is a cross-platform media initiative developed to introduce American children to Jewish culture, Hebrew language and the diversity of Israel.
April 10, 2020
- JewishLIVE.org was created as a portal to live-streaming Jewish experiences around the world. Tune in this weekend for live Jewish storytelling, live music, lectures and so much more.
- Tomorrow at 8pm, join Jewish celebrities Andy Cohen, Idina Menzel, Ben Platt, Fran Drescher, Debra Messing, Mayim Bialik and many more for a live-streamed “Saturday Night Seder”!
- The Jewish Agency’s Israeli emissaries (shlichim) across North America have prepared a consolidated schedule of online activities that communities around the country can participate in via Zoom. On Sunday, sessions will take place at noon and 7pm.
April 9, 2020
- Israel Philharmonic musicians have a message for you this Passover!
- Learn more about composting at the JCC with JOFEE.
- “Hope isn’t Cancelled” – Enjoy an inspirational message of resilience from Rabbi Julie Roth.
April 8, 2020
- As we head into Passover this evening, find digital resources, current news stories and recipes on the JCC Passover page!
- Connect with others through a virtual Seder led by one of our local synagogues.
- What better time to reach out to grandparents or grandchildren and bond over baking, sharing old photos or sharing history.
April 7, 2020
- Need some last-minute Passover inspiration? The Nosher has you covered with recipes and resources for a unique Passover experience.
- Take a much-needed break and enjoy “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” with the amazingly talented Emily Albrink Katz!
- Keep moving with a Hatha Yoga pre-seder workout at 4pm.
April 6, 2020
- Make matzo in your own kitchen today at 2:30pm with the JFCS Family Mitzvah Program, led by Rabbi Diane Tracht.
- Today’s featured Federation Ambassador is David Kaplan!
- Elin’s Joke of the Day
April 3, 2020
- “My parents’ health and well-being is my primary concern. Healthy and delicious meals being provided for them gives me peace of mind. They are able to stay at home instead of going out where they could be exposed to the virus. This service is an invaluable resource to our elderly community.” – Nicki Gaston. Our JCC Senior Adult Department is thrilled be the recipient of a grant from Meals on Wheels in response to our seniors’ increased needs for fresh, healthy delivered food during this pandemic.
- What are our Federation Ambassadors up to this week? Hear from Federation Ambassador Karen Abrams in this short video!
- On Sunday, April 5 at noon, tune in to the USCJ Global Gathering for Healing. At a pivotal moment in our people’s history, we will come together in a manner different than ever before to connect through prayers for healing and empowerment.
April 2, 2020
- Learn about our new JOFEE raised garden beds
Check out the start of our new raised garden with JOFEE Director, Alayna Altman! 🌱 JOFEE is The J’s Jewish Outdoor, Food, and Environmental Education Department. We engage people from diverse backgrounds to build a healthy, sustainable and inclusive community. For more information on any of our programs and events, or to learn how you can make a difference with JOFEE visit jewishlouisville.org/JOFEE!
- “Parenting During a Pandemic” from PJ Library at 2pm
April 1, 2020
- “Politics in Abnormal Times” presented by Professor Jasmine Farrier
- JCC Fitness – Cardio Party at 2pm
- Edwin’s Joke of the Day