KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- The JCC will be members-only during Phase I. No guests, please.
- JCC building hours during Phase 1 reopening are:
- Monday – Thursday 5:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Friday 5:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Sunday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- The Fitness Center will be thoroughly cleaned throughout the day and all equipment will be rotated for use – the facility will close from 1 to 2 p.m. each day for intensive cleaning.
- All members and staff are required to wear masks when entering and exiting the facility and throughout the building (restrooms, hallways, or walking to and from workout stations). Members have the option to remove the mask only when beginning their workout, and only if appropriately socially distanced.
- For those who choose to exercise only when all members are wearing a mask, the JCC has designated daily hours between 2-4 p.m. when all members must wear a mask, including while working out. This will be enforced.
- Social distancing measures will be enforced in all areas and congregation areas have been temporarily removed.
- Lap Swimming and Group Exercise classes require reservations. Click here for more information.
- The outdoor lap pool WILL be open, however, the indoor lap pool and community pool WILL NOT be open as of June 1. Reservations must be made for 45-minute lap swimming sessions. Click here for Lap swimming reservation information.
- A limited group exercise schedule will be offered with classes restricted to 9 members and an instructor. Click here for exercise class reservations.
- Online scheduling is available starting 48 hours in advance of group exercise classes and lap swimming reservations. We ask that you do NOT come early to eliminate excess congregation.
- All group exercise classes at the J will be held outside, weather permitting.
- Bring your own towel and water bottle as towels will currently not be provided and water fountains will be turned off.
- Children and youth under 14 will not be allowed in the JCC facility at this time.
- JPlay will not be open during Phase 1.
- Coffee will not be available.
- Showers and Lockers are unavailable during Phase 1.
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO HELP KEEP YOU SAFE
The safety of our members and staff is of most importance. The J has always been dedicated to delivering a healthy way of life to our communities, and with a carefully planned and phased approach, we will begin to reopen.
CREATING AN ENVIRONMENT THAT ALLOWS FOR SOCIAL DISTANCING
- Markers on the floor at check in to eliminate congestion
- Check-in using your J scan card
- Protective barriers (sneeze guards) at the Front, Health and Wellness and Membership desk
- Common spaces will be closed and seating areas removed from the facility
- All spaces within the J will have defined maximum capacities.
- When spaces are full, members will be asked to wait until space is available.
- For Phase 1, we will welcome back our members only, no guests, in an effort to limit the number of individuals in the facility at one time.
ENHANCING FACILITY CLEANLINESS
- Additional staff will be brought on to assist in the sanitizing of equipment.
- The Fitness Center will be deep cleaned throughout the day and the equipment will be rotated for use.
- The facility will close from 1 to 2 p.m. each day for deep cleaning.
INCREASING NUMBER OF HEALTH AND SAFETY STATIONS
- Members will find multiple health and safety stations containing sanitizing wipes, hand sanitizers and/or other cleaning supplies.
SUPPORTING AND MONITORING OUR STAFF WELLNESS
- Oncoming Staff members have their temperature checked and undergo an additional health screening prior to their shift.
- All J staff will wear appropriate masks while on duty and gloves when engaged in equipment or facility cleaning.
HOW CAN I HELP KEEP MYSELF AND MY COMMUNITY HEALTHY?
• Take your own temperature prior to coming to the J. If you have a temperature over 100.4 degrees, you cannot come to the J.
• If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, or have been in close contact with someone who is ill, we ask that you also not come to the J.
• If you are in one of the at-risk demographics as outlined by the CDC, please take the necessary precautions, including not coming to workout at the J.
• Wash/sanitize hands frequently.
• Avoid touching your face.
• Maintain social distance both inside and outside the J. Strive to maintain at least six feet between you and others whenever possible.
• Respect all of the new signage posted, and the process and procedures implemented upon re-opening.
• All members and staff will be required to wear masks when entering and exiting the facility and when in common areas (restrooms, hallways, or walking to and from their workout station). Members have the option to remove the mask once they have reached their class or begin their workout, but only if appropriately socially distanced.
• Please exercise only on designated equipment, and/or in designated areas.
• Wipe down equipment before and after use.
As we navigate through the reopening of our facility, there will be some new things to expect during each phase. Amenities and programming will vary and be consistent with governmental orders and guidelines. We appreciate your help and understanding as we work through this time together.
WHAT AREAS WILL BE AVAILABLE?
- Max Capacity and social distancing measures will be enforced in all open areas.
- Basement Cardio Courts, basement strength areas, and the first-floor workout areas will be open with rotating cardio and strength equipment available.
- Outdoor lap pool (Users must enter through the fitness center)
- Indoor track
- Outdoor group exercise classes of limited capacity.
- Virtual group exercise classes and other virtual family programs will continue at this time.
WHAT FACILITY AREAS, PROGRAMS AND AMENITIES WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY?
- Saunas, steam rooms and whirlpools
- The Indoor lap pool
- Aquatic exercise programs
- On-site senior programs (meal delivery will continue)
- No pick-up basketball, pickleball, or racquetball courts
- Towel service
- Most pro-shop items
- Coffee service, water fountains
- Massage Service
- Guests will not be permitted.
- Children 13 and under will not be permitted.
- Showers and lockers
- Indoor group exercise classes