KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- All members and staff are required to wear masks.
- For those who choose to exercise only when all members are wearing a mask, the JCC has designated daily hours between 2-4 p.m. when all members must wear a mask, including while working out. This will be enforced.
- Social distancing measures is enforced in all areas and congregation areas have been temporarily removed.
- The Fitness Center is thoroughly cleaned throughout the day and all equipment will be rotated for use – the facility will close from 1 to 2 p.m. each day for intensive cleaning.
- Lap Swimming requires reservations. Click here for more information.
- Bring your own towel and water bottle as towels will currently not be provided and water fountains will be turned off.
HOW WE’RE KEEPING YOU SAFE
The safety of our members and staff is our top priority.
CREATING AN ENVIRONMENT THAT ALLOWS FOR SOCIAL DISTANCING
- Markers on the floor at check in to eliminate congestion.
- Check-in using your J scan card.
- Protective barriers (sneeze guards) at the Front, Health and Wellness and Membership desk.
- Common spaces are closed and seating areas removed from the facility.
- All spaces within the J have defined maximum capacities.
- When spaces are full, members will be asked to wait until space is available.
- We will welcome back our members only, no guests, in an effort to limit the number of individuals in the facility at this time.
ENHANCING FACILITY CLEANLINESS
- Additional staff has been brought on to assist in the sanitizing of equipment.
- The Fitness Center will be deep cleaned throughout the day and the equipment will be rotated for use.
- The facility will close from 1 to 2 p.m. each day for deep cleaning.
INCREASING NUMBER OF HEALTH AND SAFETY STATIONS
- Members will find multiple health and safety stations containing sanitizing wipes, hand sanitizers and/or other cleaning supplies.
SUPPORTING AND MONITORING OUR STAFF WELLNESS
- Oncoming Staff members have their temperature checked and undergo an additional health screening prior to their shift.
- All J staff will wear appropriate masks while on duty and gloves when engaged in equipment or facility cleaning.
HOW CAN I HELP KEEP MYSELF AND MY COMMUNITY HEALTHY?
- Take your own temperature prior to coming to the J. If you have a temperature over 100.4 degrees, you cannot come to the J.
• If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, or have been in close contact with someone who is ill, we ask that you also not come to the J.
• If you are in one of the at-risk demographics as outlined by the CDC, please take the necessary precautions, including not coming to workout at the J.
• Wash/sanitize hands frequently.
• Avoid touching your face.
• Maintain social distance both inside and outside the J. Strive to maintain at least six feet between you and others whenever possible.
• Respect all of the new signage posted, and the process and procedures implemented upon re-opening.
• All members and staff will be required to wear masks.
• Please exercise only on designated equipment, and/or in designated areas.
• Wipe down equipment before and after use.
WHAT AREAS ARE AVAILABLE?
- Max Capacity and social distancing measures will be enforced in all open areas.
- Basement Cardio Courts, basement strength areas, and the first-floor workout areas will be open with rotating cardio and strength equipment available.
- The Indoor lap pool
- Indoor track
- Virtual group exercise classes and other virtual family programs will continue at this time.
- Showers & lockers
- Shoot around basketball in the upper gym. Contact and interactive play are not allowed at this time.
WHAT FACILITY AREAS, PROGRAMS AND AMENITIES WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY?
- Saunas, steam rooms and whirlpools
- On-site senior programs (meal delivery will continue)
- Towel service
- Coffee service, water fountains
- Massage Service
- Group Exercise Classes