The J Healthy Senior Adults Program offers year-round nutrition, fitness, recreation, education and cultural activities that ensure the health, social connection and independent living of senior adults in our community. The Senior Adult Nutrition Program, providing both congregate and home-delivered meals, is connected to Sports & Wellness programs, in order to meet the total wellness needs of seniors in our community.
- The J is the only Kosher Nutrition Site in the state of Kentucky, serving hot lunch Monday-Friday at the Center and delivering it to the homes of disabled and homebound seniors.
- Registered dietitians develop lunch menus to maximize flavor and nutritional value and that compliment the eating habits of seniors adults.
- Health records are kept to assess strength, mobility and each client’s physical and emotional rate of change.
- Annual influenza vaccinations, pneumonia vaccinations and yearly mammograms are offered.
- Socialization and informal support networks are provided through congregate meals, cultural activities and educational programs.
- Age-appropriate physical fitness activities nourish the mind, body and spirit.
- Seniors are offered leadership and volunteer opportunities on committees and special events.
- Social, educational and recreational programs are offered year-round and often include:
- Gourmet Dining
- Day Trips
- Senior Retirees Meeting
- Aerobic Class for Seniors
- Chair Exercise
- Light Weights
- Line Dancing
- Body Mechanics
- Deep Water Wellness
- Tai Chi
- Walk with Ease
- Boomer Wall
For information regarding Senior Adult programming, contact Diane Sadle, Senior Adult Director, at email@example.com or 502-238-2749.
For information regarding the Senior Adult Nutrition Program, contact Natalie Kusyo, Senior Adult Nutrition Site Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-238-2743.
All senior adult programs funded in part by:
Mark Kletter, Adult Special Projects Fund
Ethel Kozlove Levy, Senior Adult Hospitality Fund
Rebecca Levy, Senior Adult Dance Fund
Irvin & Jeanne Wasserman, Senior Adult Musical Arts Fund
Denise & Jacques Wolff, Senior Adult Fund
Irvin & Betty Zegart, Senior Adult Fund
Judith Bensinger, Senior Adult Fund
Jewish Heritage Fund for Excellence
Gus Goldsmith Transportation Fund
Meals on Wheels America