Indoor Pool Reservations
- J members MUST reserve a lane to swim. Members can make, change or cancel reservations through SignUp Genius or by calling the Health & Wellness desk at 502-238-2727.
- Reservations are available within 48 hours of the time you want to swim.
- J members MUST limit to one reservation daily, as lane space is limited.
- If multiple reservations are made, the latter reservations will be deleted.
- Members will be contacted in this instance.
- If members are consistently unable to reserve a lane, due to availability issues, a policy may be put in place to limit how many times a member can reserve a lane per week.
- Please enter your first and last name, and your email address when reserving online. We do contact those who have reserved lanes, at times, so it is helpful.
- You should receive a confirmation email at the email address provided when reserving a lane. Please ensure you are signed up for the date and time you intended.
LAP POOL Sign Up
ONLINE SCHEDULING IS AVAILABLE 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE OF GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES AND LAP SWIMMING RESERVATIONS.
LAP SWIM AND PERSONAL EXERCISE 45-MINUTE SWIM START TIMES
If we have space for lanes during programming they will be added to SignUp Genius.
- *Deep Water Aqua Fitness on Mondays & Fridays at 10 a.m. No Lap Swim during these times.
- All times are subject to change for programming needs.
- The Indoor Pool will close for 15 minutes between each Lap Swim and Personal Exercise slot for cleaning.
Indoor Pool Guidelines:
- All guidelines are subject to change and guidelines may be added as we move into the indoor season.
- The indoor pool will be set up with two lane lines that will divide the pool into three lanes to swim in.
- One swimmer will be allowed in a lap lane at a time.
- Lane reservations are for 45-minute swim appointments.
- The pool will close for 15-minutes between each swim.
- Lane reservations are for lap swimming or personal exercising only.
- Must be a member to swim laps. Members must make a reservation to swim.
- Members can make reservations on Sign Up Genius or by calling the Health and Wellness desk at (502)238-2727.
- Members without reservations will be unable to swim.
- Members must enter and exit The J through the main entrance.
- The outdoor elevator is closed.
- Members will use locker rooms for access to the indoor pool.
- Lockers are available for rental and day use.
- Showers are available.
- Members must bring their own towel.
- The dry saunas, steam rooms and whirlpools in the men’s and women’s locker rooms will remain closed.
- The pool will be closed from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. each day.
- Please arrive on deck no more than five minutes prior to your reserved swim time.
- Please check in with Aquatics Staff upon arrival.
- Those in odd-numbered lanes MUST enter, rest and exit the pool in the shallow end.
- Those in even-numbered lanes MUST enter, rest and exit the pool in the deep end (8.5 ft.).
- You may use the ladder for entry/exit.
- Members MUST wear a mask when entering and exiting the facility.
- Please exit the pool on time and pool area promptly after your swim.
- If we hear thunder or see lightning, the Indoor Pool will close until 30 minutes after the last thunder is heard or lightning is seen. In this event, we will contact those with reservations around that time, as soon as possible.
- Let Aquatics Staff know if you have any questions.
- Enjoy Your Swim!
Children ages 11 and under must be accompanied by an adult into the pool area. During Swim Academy Lessons, we will do our best to make accommodations for lap swimmers in the Indoor Pool.
LAP SWIM: Lap swimming is considered to be continuous swimming lengthwise and is available only during designated times. Children may lap swim providing they are adhering to these guidelines and, if necessary, accompanied by a responsible adult.
FAMILY SWIM: Open swim is designated for free or unstructured swimming and is available for families and individuals. Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult unless they are in at least 6th grade.
AQUA BOOTCAMP: Aqua Bootcamp is a paid program offered on Monday evenings. Contact Lexi Garrison with questions, 502-238-2725. This is not your Grandmother’s workout. Combine wall exercises, buoyancy equipment, lap swimming and high-intensity aqua fitness moves to challenge the heart, burn calories and improve your fitness level. Using timed intervals, get ready for a challenging water workout
WATER BLAST: This is high-energy shallow water, aqua fitness class to blast the calories and crank up the metabolism.
DEEP INTERVALS: Through the use of flotation devices, this workout uses intervals of work and rest to increase cardiovascular fitness and muscular strength. A challenging, calorie-burning workout for both new and seasoned exercisers.
DEEPWATER: This workout includes strength, endurance, range of motion and cardio exercises and stretching at the end of class. The class may also incorporate the use of flotation devices. The class is a great workout for those who may have joint problems.
CLUB 60: This is a low impact class designed for senior adults. It is located in the shallow end of the pool.
LIFEGUARDS: Please help the lifeguards as they enforce safety rules and respond to emergencies. Parents are expected to supervise their children. Please do not carry on conversations with lifeguards who are on duty.
LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION CLASSES: We will host certification classes periodically throughout the year which may interfere with the pool schedule.
WINTER SWIM TEAM: Will likely use the entire pool for both hours.
INDOOR POOL TEMPERATURE: For the comfort of all participants, the temperature will be kept 86 degrees at all times. This may vary slightly as is normal when dealing with a thermostat.
EQUIPMENT: JCC’s kickboards and pull buoys are to be used by lap swimmers and for instructional purposes only. Aqua Fitness equipment is to be used only by Aqua Fitness class participants. Please help us maintain and preserve our equipment by returning them to the designated shelves.
FLOTATION DEVICES: If a child requires a flotation device to swim, then a responsible adult must be within arm’s reach of the child at all times.
DIAPERS: Children who are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper in the pool. These may be purchased at the Health and Wellness desk.
ILLNESS: Any swimmer experiencing illness or recently getting over an illness, especially in the case of diarrhea, is asked to refrain from swimming for at least 2 weeks. Failure to do so can cause the spread of dangerous pathogens such as cryptosporidium, e. coli, giardia, shigella, and norovirus.
INDOOR POOL DISTANCE CONVERSIONS: 1 Length = 20 yards, 1 mile = 88 lengths.
**The indoor pool schedule will remain consistent, however, it is subject to change for holidays and programs.