The outdoor baby and family pools are closed for the season!
Outdoor Lap Pool
Lap Pool Hours
- Sunday: 8:15 a.m. – 7:15 p.m.
- Monday-Thursday: 6 a.m. – 7:45 p.m.
- Friday: 6 a.m. – 6:45 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:15 a.m. – 7:15 p.m.
LAP POOL RESERVATIONS
- Members MUST reserve a lane to swim. Click below to reserve online or call the Health & Wellness desk at 502-238-2727 to reserve a lane.
- Reservations are available within 48 hours of the time you want to swim.
- Please enter your first and last name, and your email address when reserving online.
- You should receive an email at the email address provided when reserving a lane.
- If you need to cancel your time, please log back in that time you reserved and click cancel. You can also call the health & wellness desk to cancel.
- Please limit to one reservation daily, as lanes are filling quickly.
LAP POOL GUIDELINES
- Must be a member to swim laps.
- Must be at least 10 years old to enter the facility.
- ALL lap lanes are currently open for swimming.
- Members can scan in at the outdoor locker room for entry to the lap pool only during certain hours.
- You must use the outdoor locker room when the family pool is closed.
- You must scan in at the main pool gate when the family pool is open.
- The outdoor locker room will serve as an access way to the lap pool only. It will not serve as a changing area.
- Members may change in the family changing bathroom, located in the locker room. For additional changing locations, ask the aquatics staff and they will be happy to assist.
- Please arrive on deck no more than five minutes prior to your reserved swim time.
- Please check in with Aquatics Staff upon arrival.
- Those in odd-numbered lanes MUST enter, rest and exit the pool in the shallow end.
- Those in even-numbered lanes MUST enter, rest and exit the pool in the deep end (5 ft.). You may use the ladder for entry/exit.
- Members MUST wear a mask when entering and exiting the facility.
- Please exit the pool on time and pool area promptly after your swim.
- Air temperature MUST be 60 degrees for the pool to open.
- If we hear thunder or see lightning, the pool will close until 30 minutes after the last thunder is heard or lightning is seen.
- Let Aquatics Staff know if you have any questions.
- Enjoy your swim!
For additional information, please contact Aquatics Director, Johnny Kimberlin, firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-238-2742 with questions.
LAP POOL Sign Up Below
Online scheduling is available 48 hours in advance of group exercise classes and lap swimming reservations.
Children ages 11 and under must be accompanied by an adult into the pool area. During Swim Academy Lessons, we will do our best to make accommodations for lap swimmers in the Indoor Pool.
LAP SWIM: Lap swimming is considered to be continuous swimming lengthwise and is available only during designated times. Children may lap swim providing they are adhering to these guidelines and, if necessary, accompanied by a responsible adult.
FAMILY SWIM: Open swim is designated for free or unstructured swimming and is available for families and individuals. Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult unless they are in at least 6th grade.
AQUA BOOTCAMP: Aqua Bootcamp is a paid program offered on Monday evenings. Contact Lexi Garrison with questions, 502-238-2725. This is not your Grandmother’s workout. Combine wall exercises, buoyancy equipment, lap swimming and high-intensity aqua fitness moves to challenge the heart, burn calories and improve your fitness level. Using timed intervals, get ready for a challenging water workout
WATER BLAST: This is high-energy shallow water, aqua fitness class to blast the calories and crank up the metabolism.
DEEP INTERVALS: Through the use of flotation devices, this workout uses intervals of work and rest to increase cardiovascular fitness and muscular strength. A challenging, calorie-burning workout for both new and seasoned exercisers.
DEEPWATER: This workout includes strength, endurance, range of motion and cardio exercises and stretching at the end of class. The class may also incorporate the use of flotation devices. The class is a great workout for those who may have joint problems.
CLUB 60: This is a low impact class designed for senior adults. It is located in the shallow end of the pool.
LIFEGUARDS: Please help the lifeguards as they enforce safety rules and respond to emergencies. Parents are expected to supervise their children. Please do not carry on conversations with lifeguards who are on duty.
LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION CLASSES: We will host certification classes periodically throughout the year which may interfere with the pool schedule.
WINTER SWIM TEAM: Will likely use the entire pool for both hours.
INDOOR POOL TEMPERATURE: For the comfort of all participants, the temperature will be kept 86 degrees at all times. This may vary slightly as is normal when dealing with a thermostat.
EQUIPMENT: JCC’s kickboards and pull buoys are to be used by lap swimmers and for instructional purposes only. Aqua Fitness equipment is to be used only by Aqua Fitness class participants. Please help us maintain and preserve our equipment by returning them to the designated shelves.
FLOTATION DEVICES: If a child requires a flotation device to swim, then a responsible adult must be within arm’s reach of the child at all times.
DIAPERS: Children who are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper in the pool. These may be purchased at the Health and Wellness desk.
ILLNESS: Any swimmer experiencing illness or recently getting over an illness, especially in the case of diarrhea, is asked to refrain from swimming for at least 2 weeks. Failure to do so can cause the spread of dangerous pathogens such as cryptosporidium, e. coli, giardia, shigella, and norovirus.
INDOOR POOL DISTANCE CONVERSIONS: 1 Length = 20 yards, 1 mile = 88 lengths.
**The indoor pool schedule will remain consistent, however, it is subject to change for holidays and programs.