We all know the importance of drinking water but have you tried drinking lemon water in the morning?
Not only are lemons a great source of Vitamin C but they contain many antibacterial and antiviral properties as well increasing their immune boosting abilities. Drinking lemon water first thing in the morning can also help raise the body’s metabolic rate, aids digestion and is an excellent source of potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and other nutrients. To make lemon water simply squeeze half a lemon in a large glass and cover with hot water. You can drink warm, room temperature or chill. Follow this up with a high protein breakfast like these Cheddar and Veggie Egg Cups:
Cheddar and Veggie Egg Cups
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 22 minutes
SERVINGS 12 muffins
● 3 cups mixed vegetables broccoli, mushrooms, peppers, spinach etc(this is
also a great use of any leftover veggies you might have)
● 1 teaspoon oil
● 12 large eggs
● 1/4 cup milk or water
● 1 cup cheddar cheese
● 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
● Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Chop vegetables and cook in 1 teaspoon of oil until tender (unless using pre-cooked leftover veggies). Let cool.
3. Spray a muffin tin very well with cooking spray.
4. Divide the vegetables, and cheeses over 12 wells.
5. In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
6. Pour eggs evenly over each well. Bake 22-25 minutes or until set.
7. Remove from cups and serve warm or let cool completely and refrigerate/freeze.
Author: Mat Shalenko