ALL POOLS REQUIRE RESERVATIONS TO SWIM. ONLINE SCHEDULING WILL BE AVAILABLE 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE.
Family and Baby Pools
Family and Baby Pool Hours
- Monday -Friday : 11 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday – Sunday: 10 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Before You Go:
- Reservations MUST be made in order to swim.
- Reservations for the baby, family and lap pools are all separate.
- Only one reservation can be made for either the Family Pool or Baby Pool per day.
- A Lap Pool reservation does not count towards one per day reservation for the Family or Baby Pools.
- Reservations are available 48 hours in advance.
- Reserve by clicking a link below or call 238-2727.
- Members will be requested to wear a mask while entering the pool area and when leaving the pool area.
- If members are in a communal walkway/hallway, they should wear a mask.
- If a member enters the building from the pool area, they must wear a mask.
- Swim times for the family pool and baby pool are 90 minutes with 30-minute changeovers.
- All members must leave the pool area during the 30-minute changeover for the next group to come in.
- The Lap Pool regulations remain the same.
- You must have a reservation to swim in the lap pool.
- No guests allowed.
- Social distancing will be enforced.
- Patrons must bring their own chairs and umbrellas.
- Please bring your own beverages.
- Glass and alcohol not allowed.
- Food and beverage will not be sold at the diner.
- For your safety each reservation time slot, there are a maximum amount of spots available.
- 75 spots the family pool
- 12 spots at the baby pool
- 9 spots at the lap pool
- Reservations MUST be made in order to swim.
- When members arrive please line up along the baby pool fence. There will be marked spots to stand on for social distancing.
Lap Pool Hours
- Sunday: 8:15 a.m. – 7:15 p.m.
- Monday-Thursday: 6 a.m. – 7:45 p.m.
- Friday: 6 a.m. – 6:45 p.m.
LAP POOL RESERVATIONS
- Members MUST reserve a lane to swim. Click below to reserve online or call the Health & Wellness desk at 502-238-2727 to reserve a lane.
- Reservations are available within 48 hours of the time you want to swim.
- Please enter your first and last name, and your email address when reserving online.
- You should receive an email at the email address provided when reserving a lane.
- If you need to cancel your time, please log back in that time you reserved and click cancel. You can also call the health & wellness desk to cancel.
- Please limit to one reservation daily, as lanes are filling quickly.
LAP POOL GUIDELINES
- Must be a member to swim laps.
- Must be at least 10 years old to enter the facility.
- ALL lap lanes are currently open for swimming.
- Members can scan in at the outdoor locker room for entry to the lap pool only during certain hours.
- You must use the outdoor locker room when the family pool is closed.
- You must scan in at the main pool gate when the family pool is open.
- The outdoor locker room will serve as an access way to the lap pool only. It will not serve as a changing area.
- Members may change in the family changing bathroom, located in the locker room. For additional changing locations, ask the aquatics staff and they will be happy to assist.
- Please arrive on deck no more than five minutes prior to your reserved swim time.
- Please check in with Aquatics Staff upon arrival.
- Those in odd-numbered lanes MUST enter, rest and exit the pool in the shallow end.
- Those in even-numbered lanes MUST enter, rest and exit the pool in the deep end (5 ft.). You may use the ladder for entry/exit.
- Members MUST wear a mask when entering and exiting the facility.
- Please exit the pool on time and pool area promptly after your swim.
- Air temperature MUST be 60 degrees for the pool to open.
- If we hear thunder or see lightning, the pool will close until 30 minutes after the last thunder is heard or lightning is seen.
- Let Aquatics Staff know if you have any questions.
- Enjoy your swim!
General Pool Rules
- Only members and their guests are allowed in the pool area. Considerate behavior and decorum are expected at all times. When a member or guest becomes unruly, the Aquatics staff has the right to ask that person to leave.
- All apparel worn into the facility shall be clean. All bathers must wear swimming attire. Inappropriate apparel will not be permitted in the pool area (No cut-offs, tennis shorts, etc.
- To enter the pool area, a responsible adult must accompany children in the 5th grade and under, and that adult is responsible for the child at all times. If the child is a non-swimmer, requiring any type of flotation device, the accompanying adult must go into the water with the child.
- No diving.
- Lane sharing is mandatory when all lanes are full. Up to 4 swimmers are expected to share a lap lane and swim in a circular pattern.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear a “swim diaper” to enter any pool.
- No one is allowed in the pool or the pool area unless a lifeguard is on duty.
- Glass or other breakable containers and sharp objects are not permitted anywhere in or near the pool area
- No food, drink, tobacco or chewing gum is permitted in pool area.
- No animals allowed in the pool area.
- No running or rough play allowed. Dangerous behavior will not be permitted.
- No squirt guns, underwater torpedoes (toypedo), or large rafts are allowed. No throwing items in the pool area.
- Admission to the facility shall be refused to all persons having any contagious disease or to those with conditions that appear contagious.
- Persons with excessive sunburn, abrasions which have not healed, corn plasters, bunion pads, adhesive tape, rubber bandages or other bandages of any kind are not permitted.
- A person under the influence of alcohol or exhibiting erratic behavior will not be permitted in the facility area.
- For your sanitary safety the JCC requires its members to wear proper swim attire in the saunas, whirlpool & steam room.
- No street shoes in spa area or on the pool deck.
- Wet areas close 15 minutes prior to the Center’s closing time.
- Shaving is not permitted in the whirlpool, sauna and steam room.
- According to Kentucky State Code 902DAR10:120 – A hot soap shower is required before entering the pool and whirlpool.
Summer Safety Check/Adult Swim
During the summer season, we will have an hourly safety check/adult swim in the outdoor pools beginning at 10:25 a.m. During the check, we will clear the Family Pool and Baby Pool and announce that adults 18 and older can enjoy Adult Swim while we perform our safety check.
Security at the JCC Pools
Members using the fitness facility will continue to use the main doors to enter and exit the building.
Before 9:30 a.m., enter the pool complex for lap swim only through the Outdoor Locker Room.
After 9:30 a.m., enter the pool by scanning in at the Pool Gate.
The door to the building by the racquetball courts will remain locked. To enter the building from the pool, please use the Indoor Pool Door located to the left of the racquetball hallway.
Exit the JCC through the Main Doors, exit the pool through the Outdoor Locker Room or Pool Gate.
The JCC is open and accessible to everyone, regardless of age, race, religion, national origin or special need.