Lifeguard training is to teach participants the knowledge and skills needed to prevent and respond to aquatic emergencies. The course content and activities prepare participants to recognize and respond quickly and effectively to emergencies and prevent drownings and injuries.
- Participant must attend all classes to be certified.
- Must be at least 15 years old to take the course.
- Must be 16 to lifeguard in Jefferson County.
- Must be able to swim 300 yards.
- Must be able to tread water for 2 minutes
- Must be able to retrieve a brick in the deep end of pool and swim it 15 yards to shallow end.
Classes at The J 2019-2020:
To register, call Lexi Garrison at 502-238-2725 or click the session above that you wish to register for.