Louisville’s Got Talent is a fundraiser for CenterStage’s traveling theatre troupe, Acting Out. Acting Out, strives to open minds, one act at a time by providing quality educational theatre and musical theatre experiences to children throughout the region, regardless of budgetary constraints.
Round 1: January 15, 2017, 3 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Final Showcase: February 26, 7 p.m.
Round 1 Information:
- The act the participant auditions with must be used in the Final Showcase if he or she is chosen for the Top 20. The participant CANNOT change his or her act for the Final Showcase.
- The participant can change the Act from the time of registration to the Round 1 audition. It is only once the audition has taken place that the participant may not change acts.
- Registration fee is $15 per participant until December 31, 2017. January 1, 2017 fee is $20 per participant.
- Registration fee is non-refundable, even in the event the participant is unable to attend his or her audition.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled audition time. Please allow some additional time for parking and bringing any materials the act may need (especially instruments).
- The judges take into consideration the age of the contestant when judging. A 7 year old will not be compared to an 18 year old, for example, but rather how advanced the talent is for a 7 year old child.
- Auditions are broken into half-hour segments. For example, if you set your audition time for 3:30 pm, your audition will take place sometime between 3:30 pm and 4 pm.
- Any group act that is a band will be scheduled in the 5:30 p.m. audition spot. No other acts will be allowed in this spot.
- The JCC entrance is in the back of the building. There is a ramp available to the first floor where all participants must enter.
- Each act will have 90 seconds to “strut your stuff” for our first round judges. Any length over 90 seconds will be cut, so pick the best part of the act for the audition.
- Please remember to choose age-appropriate material and to wear appropriate attire.
- We provide a CD player and iPod hook up, but we do not provide an accompanist. Participants are welcome to bring an accompanist. No parents/family/guardians/friends, unless he/she is your accompanist, will be allowed in the audition room.
- Participants will be notified by January 16, 2017 VIA EMAIL if they have been chosen to be one of the Top 20 for the Live Showcase on Sept. 20 at 2 p.m.
Final Showcase Information:
- Showcase begins February 26, 2017, 7 p.m.
- The Top 20 acts chosen by the judges in the Round 1 Auditions will move to compete in the Final Showcase.
- The winners will be determined by the judges. The new “People’s Choice” winner will be determined by the audience. Prize money is awarded PER ACT, not per participant, and it is in the discretion of the winning act to divide the prize as they see fit. Prizes include:
- Ages 6-12: One winner receives $200
- Ages 13-18: One winner receives $200
- GRAND PRIZE WINNER*: $400
- People’s Choice Winner: $100 and gift basket
- All 20 finalists receive special recognition.
- Grand Prize Winner will be one of the age group winners but a different contestant
- Final Showcase Acts are given a 5-minute time limit. There will be an intermission after 10 acts, followed by a break after all acts have competed for judging.
- There will not be any audience tickets given to the Top 20. No one will be admitted into the Final Round or allowed to cast a vote for “People’s Choice” without the purchase of a ticket. Ticket prices are $12 for adults ages 11 and up and $7 for children ages 10 and under.