Welcome to CenterStage Academy! We’re a youth musical theatre training program that gives students the opportunity to discover and develop their talents as performers. Through our programming, each child will work with theatre professionals in three disciplines: acting, singing and dancing.
Each session ends with a performance of a fun showcase piece that gives our students the chance to shine on the stage for their friends and family. This year, we’ll be splitting our students into three age levels. Check below to see what fun we’ll be getting into!
CenterStage Academy is ONSTAGE! Despite our uncertain times, what is certain is that the arts are still alive and we can be a part of that! Thank you for remaining patient as we planned for our program. I am certain we have prepared for a great experience that will promote learning and fun while keeping all involved safe. Though our products may look a little different this year, our process will remain focused on providing a safe, nurturing environment that fosters creativity and collaboration. Thank you for your support and I’ll see you soon!
Erin Jump, Director
Changes this year and what they mean:
- One performance comprised of 30 students – groups are limited to 10 students, but the show will combine all three groups for the final performance following CDC social distancing and masks guidelines. A benefit of this change is that each student will be in a class with a student:teacher ratio of 2:1 ratio. This will allow for more specialized attention on each student and will help with the shortened timeline of rehearsals.
- Fall rehearsal with performances in December (half year schedule) – Rehearsals will begin one month earlier than in years passed. Additionally, with uncertainty around the rest of the year and early 2021, we want to ensure the students’ work culminates in a performance sooner than the Spring. With smaller class sizes and a push for responsible attendance this year, we are confident this will result in a quality production in December.
- Drop-off and Pick-up procedures will be changed to uphold safety regulations. These will be outlined at the parent orientation.
- Registration Fees are lessened this year due to the reduced rehearsal periods compared to last year. The per rehearsal cost remains the same. With the reduced cost, it is a one-time payment through our website.
- Link to FAQ
One for note…
- If everyone in our Wizard of Oz group can give $20, we will be able to rent a beautiful backdrop that will help bring the Emerald City and Munchkinland to life! Thank you in advance for considering it!