Auditions for Hairspray and Into the Woods
March 3 & 10, 2018
Auditions for The Full Monty, Annie, and Spamalot will take place August 11 & 12, 2018: Check back in July 2018 for signups.
MUST BE 14 or OLDER.
Hairspray performances run July 19 – August 5
Into the Woods performances run October 18 – November 4
Those auditioning for Hairspray have a mandatory dance audition. Dance auditionees have a choice of March 3 & 10 (4-5:30 pm both days). It is preferred that your dance audition date be on the same date as your music/monologue audition but is not required, should you have a conflict.
All shows are subject to copyright and royalty agreements and may be changed at any time.
New to CenterStage, please prepare:
16 bars of a Broadway show tune, memorized
One-minute monologue, memorized
Returning Company Members, please prepare:
Two 16-bar selections from roles you are interested in from our upcoming season, memorized
If you would like to prepare a one-minute monologue (memorized) instead of one of the songs, you are welcome to do so.
Information for Everyone:
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment
- Please bring music for the accompanist. NO taped or pre-recorded accompaniments
- This audition is for those 14 and older ONLY. We will have auditions for younger roles in the August audition for ANNIE, one boy role (play age 12) in THE FULL MONTY
- Upon arrival, you will fill out an audition form and asked to indicate which shows you are interested in. Please look carefully at your calendars in advance to be sure you are actually available (rehearsals and performances) for the shows you wish to be considered for
- Having a couple conflicts during rehearsals is okay! Just make sure you write them on your audition form
- Too may conflicts, or conflicts during tech/performances, is not viable for a role with our company
- Please bring a current headshot (8” x 10” preferred) and resume
- People can sign up for half an hour blocks. For example, if you sign up for a 1 p.m. spot, you will be seen between 1-1:30 p.m.
Rehearsals for Productions
- Most rehearsals start 6 weeks before opening night.
- Most rehearsals are from 7-10:30 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays and anywhere between 2-9 p.m. Sundays. Tech week rehearsals are every day, Sunday through Wednesday, before opening night from roughly 6:30-11:30 p.m.
- NO ONE cast in a production can have a conflict for tech week or any show dates. We do not have understudies.