CenterStage will be holding its auditions for
Beauty and the Beast and Dreamgirls
March 30, April 6 and April 7
Auditions for Bridges of Madison County, Hair, and Mamma Mia will take place in August. Please check back July 2018 for signups.
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
Tentative Rehearsal start date: June 3
Show Dates: July 18 – August 4
Tentative Rehearsal start date: July 29
Show Dates: September 5 – 22
All shows are subject to copyright and royalty agreements and may be changed at any time.
There is a dance call for both shows Beauty and the Beast, Dreamgirls. The dance audition will be held from 2-3 each day March 30th, April 6th and 7th.
New to CenterStage, Please Prepare:
- 16 bars of a Broadway show tune, memorized
- One-minute monologue, memorized
Returning Company Members, Please Prepare:
- Two 16-bar selections from roles you are interested in from our upcoming season, memorized
- If you would like to prepare a one-minute monologue (memorized) instead of one of the songs, you are welcome to do so
Information for Everyone:
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment
- Please bring music for the accompanist. NO taped or pre-recorded accompaniments
- This audition is 14 and older.
- The role of Chip in Beauty and the Beast must be at least 8years of age.
- Upon arrival, you will fill out an audition form and asked to indicate which shows you are interested in. Please look carefully at your calendars in advance to be sure you are actually available (rehearsals and performances) for the shows you wish to be considered for
- Having a couple conflicts during rehearsals is okay! Just make sure you write them on your audition form
- Too may conflicts, or conflicts during tech/performances, is not viable for a role with our company
- Please bring a current headshot (8” x 10” preferred) and resume
- People can sign up for half an hour blocks. For example, if you sign up for a 1 pm spot, you will be seen between 1-1:30 pm.
- Most rehearsals start 6 weeks before opening night.
- Most rehearsals are from 7-10:30 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays and anywhere between 2-9 p.m. Sundays. Tech week rehearsals are every day, Sunday through Wednesday, before opening night from roughly 6:30-11:30 p.m.
- NO ONE cast in a production can have a conflict for tech week or any show dates. We do not have understudies.