Most communication between The J Summer Camp, campers and their families will be done electronically. Please add us to your address book so we don’t end up in the SPAM folder! All camp calendars, overnight packing lists and weekly updates regarding camp will be emailed. PLEASE make sure your correct email address is on file with the Camp Office prior to the beginning of camp. Photos will be uploaded to The J Louisville Summer Camp Facebook page daily. Reminder: by signing the camp registration form you are authorizing The J to use your child’s image. In the event you do not wish your child’s image be used, please submit your request in writing to the Camp Office.
You can expect the following communications from us:
- The Wednesday before each week your child is registered you will receive a session letter emailed to you with information about overnights, field trips and other special events that will occur that week.
- Each Friday you will receive the weekly email newsletter with photos and stories about camp that week.
- Photos posted daily (Monday through Friday) on the The J Summer Camp Facebook page.
- A call or email from the camp office if we are missing an RSVP for an overnight or other special event paper work.
- A call from a member of the camp leadership team if your child has ongoing/consistent challenges in line with our camp conduct policy or becomes ill at camp.
- The camp staff is always available during the summer to answer questions about general programs. Calls will be answered within 24 hours of receipt.
- Check The J Summer Camp Facebook page for pictures and reminders.
CAMP CONDUCT POLICY
Every effort will be made by staff to ensure a positive camp experience for your children. In the event that there are behavioral difficulties, which are deemed irreconcilable, children may be removed from any The J summer program either in part or in full. Availability of refunds, partial or full, will be determined by Center Administrative staff. Once camp sessions have begun, no refunds are given for camper absence or illness.