Are you Jewish and between the ages of 22-26? Do you live or go to school in a Partnership with Israel community*? Do you want a guaranteed place on a birthright israel trip this summer? Check this out and register by Feb. 17. (*Louisville, KY; Akron, Canton, Dayton, Toledo or Youngstown, OH; Indianapolis, NW Indiana or South Bend, IN; Des Moines, IA; Omaha, NE; or Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth or San Antonio, TX)
A Special birthright Trip
Partnership with Israel has organized a special birthright trip for 22-26 year olds from our consortium cities. If you live in one of the 16 Central Consortium cities* and meet the regular Birthright criteria (see www.birthrightisrael.com) you are guaranteed a space on the bus (up to 40 participants). 60% of all people that register are turned down based on the number of spots available. This is the ONLY way you can be guaranteed on a trip!
There are many special advantages to this trip; a visit to Eilat (unlike most other birthright trips), stay overnight in Jerusalem’s Old City, travel with your peers from our Central Consortium cities of Partnership with Israel, and a unique visit to the Western Galilee to connect with Israeli peers from our Partnership region.
The trip will be in this summer — we will know exact dates in March, 2010. If you are signed up but can’t make it you will get a full refund for your down payment.
The official birthright sign-up deadline is February 17th, but we need to know your name as soon as possible! Birthright is popular and spaces are limited — share this with people 22-26 of age in your community, or with their parents. In order to get a spot on this trip, you need to be sure to contact Regan Wagh (firstname.lastname@example.org) BEFORE February 17th, 2010!
What is Partnership with Israel?
Partnership with Israel is a program of the Jewish Agency and the Jewish Federations of North America, promoting people-to-people relationships between 16 American Jewish communities and Israel’s Western Galilee through cultural, social, medical, educational and economic programs.
For more about Partnership with Israel visit: www.westerngalilee.org.il
birthright israel Example Itinerary:
- Monday Arrival at Ben Gurion Airport, opening session at the beach, Akko, special projects with Western Galilee Teens & Celebration
- Tuesday Golan Heights, hike the Jeelabon Creek, olive oil factory of Kazrin, Mount Bental, Kineret Cemetery, Tiberius boardwalk
- Wednesday Tsfat, travel to Jerusalem, Shechehiyanu ceremony, workshop preparation for Yad Vashem, a short film of Michael Levin
- Thursday Yad Vashem, The Jerusalem Artists House, Machneh Yehuda Market, welcome BBQ at Divon’s House – the CEO of Sachlav
- Friday ‘The City of David’ story, The Old City, Jewish Quarter, prepare for Shabbat, Kotel, candle lighting, Oneg Shabbat
- Saturday Workshop, Shabbat lunch, Walking tour, Hebrew name ceremony, Havdalah, Ben Yehuda St.
- Sunday Mifgash: Meet your Israeli “friends,” Mt Herzl, Midras caves, Kfar Hanokdim, camel ride in the Negev, activity with soldiers
- Monday Masada, Ein Bokek, Dead Sea, Eilat.
- Tuesday Hike Mt. Tzfachot, swim at Almog Coral Beach, crater, Bahad 1, session about Judaism
- Wednesday Kibbutz Sde Boker, meet with Israeli students, lunch at Sderot and education program, travel to Tel Aviv, Jaffa port, Political update, closing talk
- Thursday History of Tel Aviv, Rabin Square, Zionistic experience at Independence Hall, departure for the airport
For details and to sign-up contact:
Regan Wagh, The Network Director, Dallas’ Under 40 Jewish Connection Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas
email@example.com or (214) 615-5259