- Only members and their guests are allowed in the pool area. Considerate behavior and decorum are expected at all times. When a member or guest becomes unruly, the Aquatics staff has the right to ask that person to leave.
- All apparel worn into the facility shall be clean. All bathers must wear swimming attire. Inappropriate apparel will not be permitted in the pool area (No cut-offs, tennis shorts, etc.
- To enter the pool area, a responsible adult must accompany children in the 5th grade and under, and that adult is responsible for the child at all times. If the child is a non-swimmer, requiring any type of flotation device, the accompanying adult must go into the water with the child.
- No diving.
- Lane sharing is mandatory when all lanes are full. Up to 4 swimmers are expected to share a lap lane and swim in a circular pattern.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear a “swim diaper” to enter any pool.
- No one is allowed in the pool or the pool area unless a lifeguard is on duty.
- Glass or other breakable containers and sharp objects are not permitted anywhere in or near the pool area
- No food, drink, tobacco or chewing gum is permitted in pool area.
- No animals allowed in the pool area.
- No running or rough play allowed. Dangerous behavior will not be permitted.
- No squirt guns, underwater torpedoes (toypedo), or large rafts are allowed. No throwing items in the pool area.
- Admission to the facility shall be refused to all persons having any contagious disease or to those with conditions that appear contagious.
- Persons with excessive sunburn, abrasions which have not healed, corn plasters, bunion pads, adhesive tape, rubber bandages or other bandages of any kind are not permitted.
- A person under the influence of alcohol or exhibiting erratic behavior will not be permitted in the facility area.
- For your sanitary safety the JCC requires its members to wear proper swim attire in the saunas, whirlpool & steam room.
- No street shoes in spa area or on the pool deck.
- Wet areas close 15 minutes prior to the Center’s closing time.
- Shaving is not permitted in the whirlpool, sauna and steam room.
- According to Kentucky State Code 902DAR10:120 – A hot soap shower is required before entering the pool and whirlpool.
Summer Safety Check/Adult Swim
During the summer season, we will have an hourly safety check/adult swim in the outdoor pools beginning at 10:25 a.m. During the check, we will clear the Family Pool and Baby Pool and announce that adults 18 and older can enjoy Adult Swim while we perform our safety check.
Security at the JCC Pools
Members using the fitness facility will continue to use the main doors to enter and exit the building.
Before 9:30 a.m., enter the pool complex for lap swim only through the Outdoor Locker Room.
After 9:30 a.m., enter the pool by scanning in at the Pool Gate.
The door to the building by the racquetball courts will remain locked. To enter the building from the pool, please use the Indoor Pool Door located to the left of the racquetball hallway.
Exit the JCC through the Main Doors, exit the pool through the Outdoor Locker Room or Pool Gate.
The JCC is open and accessible to everyone, regardless of age, race, religion, national origin or special need.