HOW I BECAME A PIRATE
Book, Music and Lyrics by
JANET YATES VOGT AND MARK FRIEDMAN
Based upon the book “How I Became a Pirate” Written by Melinda Long and Illustrations by David Shannon
A story of adventure and finding one’s own heart – a path that can’t be found on any treasure map!
With terrific songs like “A Good One To Boot,” “I’m Really Just a Sensitive Guy,” “You’ve Got to Talk Like a Pirate” and many others, your students will be rolling in the aisles and wishing for Braid Beard and the gang to one day pay them a visit.
SUNDAY, MAY 3, 2015 • SUNDAY, MAY 17, 2015 AT 2 P.M.
In the Linker Auditorium at The Jewish Community Center of Louisville (3600 Dutchmans Lane)
Tickets: $7 kids/ $12 Adults. Call 502-459-0660 for tickets!
Performances are suitable for grades k-6 and available March 2- May 22, 2015, Monday – Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.
For pricing, reservations, or any other questions contact Lenae Price, CenterStage Development and Outreach Manager, at email@example.com or 502-238-2763.
Title I and multiple booking discounts available!
Mission & Goal
- To develop and nurture students of all ages through the creativity and appreciation of theater.
- To Explore the beauty, diversity and challenges of the world around them through the dramatic process
- To encourage the development of their own creative voice and imagination.
- To understand drama and its role in society
Content suitable for grades k-6.
- Coping skills
- Managing different and conflicting emotions
- Family dynamics and relationships
- Means of teaching
- Means of expression
- Through music and dance
- Cultural Traditions
Suggested activities, lesson plans and study guides are available upon request.
Common Core/Core Content
Elements of Music/Dance/ Drama/Theatre
- AH-EP-3.3.1 Students will understand that the arts fulfill a variety of purposes in society; sharing the human experience, recreational, artistic expression.
- AH-EP-3.1.1 Students will experience music created for a variety of purposes including, but not limited to, recreational and artistic expression.
- AH-EP-3.2.1 Students will experience dance for variety of purposes including, but not limited to, recreational and artistic expression.