Swimming at Camp!
All campers will receive lessons as part of the Lenny Krayzelburg Swim Academy. Lenny Krayzelburg is a four-time Olympic Gold medalist and his Swim Academy is the premier swim instruction program in Louisville. Campers will learn the SwimRight method which teaches swimming through the use of a swim-float-swim technique as its foundation.
- All campers are evaluated on the first day of camp and placed in appropriate levels for lessons.
- Lessons focus on the four basic swim strokes and skills as well as water safety and survival skills. Advanced levels will concentrate on perfecting the basic strokes.
- All lessons are supervised vigilantly by the lifeguard on duty as well as by the swim instructors.
Camp J-Tots (2-4 Years)
- 2 year-olds: 15 minute private lessons twice a week.
- 3 & 4 year-olds: 30 minute group lessons three times a week in groups of 4 based on swimming skill ability.
Camp Keff (Grades K-3)
- 30 minute group lessons five days a week.
- Campers are taught in groups of 4-6 based on swimming skill ability.
Camp J–Tots (2-4 Years)
- 2 year-olds: Free swim in the baby pool three days a week.
- 3 & 4 year-olds: Free swim in the baby pool two days a week.
- Campers are supervised by a certified lifeguard & camp staff.
Camp Keff, Trek 46, Middle School, Specialty and SPORTS Camps
- Free swim five days a week in the afternoon.
- The first day of camp every camper is swim tested & receives a wristband that designates what pool section they are allowed in.
- Campers are supervised by certified lifeguards, camp staff and the camp director or unit head.