No Dogs Allowed!
A Delightful Musical Celebrating Diversity
Sometimes the unexpected is even more fun than the best-laid plans. Iris, her family, and dog set out for a fun day at the Enchanted State Park. When they finally arrive, they see a NO DOGS ALLOWED sign. What to do? Iris’s family’s make-do attitude saves the day. In the end, and the dog has had the best time of all — the park had been brought to him.
Sesame Street’s Sonia Manzano’s book and Stephen Lawrence’s music provides an ocean of humor, a warm, close-knit Puerto Rican family who refuses to let things get in their way! Filled with laughter, love and heart, this show is sure to delight any audience.
Performances are suitable for grades K-5 and available October 22- December 30, 2012, Monday – Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
A public performance will be held Sunday, Dec. 16th at 12:30 p.m.. Tickets are $10 for adults, $7 for kids. Call 459-0660 to reserve your tickets today.
For pricing, reservations, or any other questions contact Lenae Price, CenterStage Development and Outreach Manager at 238-2763 or email@example.com.
Title I and multiple booking discounts available!
Mission & Goal
- To develop and nurture students of all ages through the creativity and appreciation of theater.
- To Explore the beauty, diversity and challenges of the world around them through the dramatic process
- To encourage the development of their own creative voice and imagination.
- To understand drama and its role in society
Content suitable for grades K-5.
- Coping skills
- Managing different and conflicting emotions
- Family dynamics and relationships
- Means of teaching
- Means of expression
- Through music and dance
- Basic Spanish Language
- Cultural Traditions
Suggested activities, lesson plans and study guides are available upon request.
Common Core/ Core Content
Elements of Music/ Dance/ Drama/ Theatre
- AH-EP-3.3.1 Students will understand that the arts fulfill a variety of purposes in society; sharing the human experience, recreational, artistic expression.
- AH-EP-3.1.1 Students will experience music created for a variety of purposes including, but not limited to, recreational and artistic expression.
- AH-EP-3.2.1 Students will experience dance for variety of purposes including, but not limited to, recreational and artistic expression.